Prof and HOD, Department of Medical Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Genetics Lucknow
Education & Training
M.Sc, Ph.D Fellowship &Training: Received 1 year training in 1984-85 with Prof. Grosse Wilde at Institute of Immunology, University Hospital Essen, Germany and at the Department of Immunology, Heidelberg, Germany
Received three months Advanced Training in Immunogenetics at Institute of Immunology, University Hospital Essen, Germany in 2010.
Received 1 month Fellowship Training at Japan under JAICA programme in 2010
More than 29 years of teaching and lab experience. Taught DM students at SGPGIMS, MD students of KG Medical College, Lucknow, M.Sc translational Medicine, KG Medical College, Lucknow.
• Guided more than 40 Ph.D students at SGPGIMS, Luknow.
• Published more than 275 research papers and 5 books.
1. Fundamental of Immunogenetics
2. Stem cell Plasticity
3. Past Present and Future of HLA Techniques
4. Genetics: A Modern Approach
5. Techniques in molecular biology
• More than 25 Research grants in national agencies (ICMR, DST, DBT, CSIR, UPCST)
• Other Duties: Served as a Chairperson for many institutional activities like Chairman Exam Cell, Purchase Committee, member Research Committee etc. for many years.
Worked as a Head of the Department of Medical Genetics at SGPGIMS, Lucknow and provided service to the renal and Bone Marrow Transplant. Patients's total experience is of more than 30 years.
Awards & Certifications
Received Nick Morgan Award as Best Research Paper twice by Annals of Human Biology in year 2011 and 2012. Awarded Indo- German fellowships.
We are a 300+ bedded Superspecialty Hospital, with more than 20 specialized departments equipped with state of the art and world class infrastructure. With an aim to make highest quality of healthcare affordable and accessible, Shrimann Superspecialty Hospital has a team of dedicated doctors backed with an experience spanning decades in their respective fields.
With its special forte and commitment to all-inclusive healthcare delivery plan- Shrimann Superspecialty Hospital aims to bridge the gap between quality health care and affordability.