- Doctor NameDr S.C.Tiwari (MBBS,MD,DM- Nephrology, FAMS,FISN,FGSI,FIMSA (Nephrology, Dialysis, Kidney Transplant))
- Primary SpecialityNephrology
- Profile DescriptionDr Prof. S.C. Tiwari is currently working as Director - Institute of Renal Sciences & Kidney Transplantation for Shrimann Superspeciality Hospital, Jalandhar. He is former Chairman Department of Nephrology, AIIMS New Delhi, Chairman Ethics Committee - AIIMS New Delhi, Former President Indian Society of Nephrology, Former President Hemodialysis Society of India. He has more than 45 years of teaching experience post DM Nephrology and has about 300 Publications to his credit. Apart from being a Nephrologist he is a great academician and teacher.
Education & Training
DM Nephrology in 1977, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, INDIA,
MD (Medicine) 1975, Ravishankar, University, Raipur, MP, INDIA,
MBBS (1970) Ravishankar, University, Raipur, MP, INDIA,
President Kidney Health Education and Research Foundation NGO. Vice-President Diabetes Foundation(India President Indian Society of Nephrology, 2003-04 Member Hospital Management Board, AIIMS Member, Academic Committee, AIIMS Governing Body Member, Rajinder Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. Organiser of various National and International Conferences and symposium. Vice President governing body of Indian Society of Nephrology Chairman, Scientific Committee of Geriatric, Society of India, 2000. Vice President Geriatric Society of India, 2001 Secretary General, Delhi Society of Nephrology, 2002. President, Indian Society of Nephrology (2003 - 2004) Fellow, National Academy of Medical Sciences (FAMS) Chairman Hospital Management Board AIIMS 2008 -2009 President Indian Society of Haemodialysis 2008 till date Member Editorial Board International Journal of Nephrolog Governing Body Member Aush (Medical University) Chhatisgarh,
Awards & Certifications
- Governing body member.
- Skill Council of India(Health).
- Best Nephrologist of Country (Z TV award 2014).
- Best Nephrologist of Country Award by Vice President of India Award.
- Dronacharya Award by Indian Society of Nephrology.
- Life Time Achievement Award by North Zone ISN 2018.
- Ultrasound Guided Kidneys Biopsy for first time in India.
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis.
- Scroll of Honour for the best undergraduate in the University. Ravi Shanker University, 1970.
- Best doctor Bokaro Steel Plant Hospital, 1978.
- Scroll of Honour for organization and best paper presentation at API-1998.
- Samaj Ratna Award- (Jain Milan International for dedicated work to humanity) at community level at Delhi.
- Hon. Physician to Ram Krishna Mission, New Delhi.
- Founder Fellow Geriatric Society of India
- Member Academic Council of B.H.U. 2002-04.
- President: Delhi Society of Nephrology 2002-03
- President: Indian Society of Nephrology 2003-04
- Excellent Medical Professional Award in Nephrology, (Indian Medical Association Delhi)
- Established a separate Department of Nephrology with post doctoral degree, DM in Nephrology at AIIMS 1989-1990.
- Established a full-fledged dialysis unit which includes haemodialysis CAVH and CAVHD, Plasmapheresis at AIIMS.
- First cadaver transplant in India was through my efforts at PGI, Chandigarh in 1976 and largest cadaver transplants at AIIMS, India.
- Involved actively in Delhi chapter for the discussion and passage of Human Organ Transplant Bill by Govt. of India, 1995.
- Developed the concept of Geriatric Nephrology with collaboration of Geriatric Unit.
- Advisor to medicine and Nephrology, various Hospitals in India and Nepal. Satya Sai Institute of higher education and research, Puttapatty, Andhra Pradesh.
- Advisor to Public Service Commission, M.P.
- Advisor to Union Public Service Commission, India
- Advisor to Department of Biotechnology, Delhi.
- Advisor to Indian Council of Medical Research, Delhi, India.
- Examiner of MD and DM to many Universities in India.